Kirjoita alaotsikko tähän
We are located in southwestern finland
, about an hour's drive from Turku and Salo. We have about ten minutes to the center of Kemiö island
The Grelsböle space was once bought owner of Ruona manor and Sillanpää torpedo Adolf Hagelberg's son Kustaa Heribert Hagelberg. Space is cleaved from neighbor, Strömsböle's the main property. The farm has been in the family since 1916.
Kustaa Heribert Hagelberg and Lydia Sofia lived in a small building in the yard. The main house was brought from Turku year 1916. The log building had been a shop in Turku. The name Hagelberg was changed to Nurmi in the 1910s.
Year 1946 Kustaa Heribert Nurmi's son Paavo Anselmi Nurmi and his wife Selma (Tolkki) continued holding the space. Far was 25,9 hectares of forest and 12,49 hehtares of arable land. Farm was livestock building which was built year 1926. Livestock building inside there was a herd space and goods space. There was a food tower for cows and a space for work machines. The grain had its own silo. There were also chickens place. And place for the car. There was also a place where the grain was dried and potato flour was made. There was also a sauna on the farm. The sauna building was moved from the courtyard to the sea in the 1950s. The main house had a large oven where bread was made and the house was warmed up in the winter. In 1963 the farm got its first tractor. Tractor was Massey Ferguson 35. The tractor is still working on the farm. The farm had its own mill to grind the flour for itself. The farm had a cutting cage and a chainsaw that made the house and the cow split for building heating. There was also a machine (Puimakone) for separating grain and debris.I lived in a cold running water inside the house. The farm had 2 horses, 10 cows from which milk was obtained, 2 young cows. The meat of the cattle too and 100 chickens.The farm produced are sugar beet, grain and hay.
Year 1976 Paavo Anselmi Nurmi's son Reino Kustaa Nurmi and his wife Tyyne Marjatta (Linden) continued holding the space. Tyyne was working in a local shop. The owner of the house (Reino) made construction work at the beginning. Money is needed to renovate a large residential building. In 1978 the house had an indoor toilet, a shower, a sauna and warm water came inside the house. Nearly the whole house was renovated. The old big oven was taken away. A new space was built with a new heating system. The cows were put off and more chickens came.Cattle building was renovated for chickens. The state continued to produce sugar beet and grain.There were also peas, potatoes and cucumbers. All of these were cultivated outdoors, under plastic. There were no plant rooms.These new plants came in the 1980s. 1984 also saw the cultivation of sea buckthorn. Farm had more than half of the field. Some of the field was leased from the neighbor. One field was also bought on the island of Kemiö. In 1992 a new building was built for chickens. The old cattle building was in poor condition and demolished. There were 2 200 chickens on the farm. The chickens went away in 2001 and the building works as a warehouse space. In the early 2000s, the grain dryer was renewed.
Year 2009 Reino Kustaa Nurmi's daughter Miia Marika Juvankoski continued holding the space. You can read about the state of the space today in these pages. Thank you for discovering our history.